Curt wrote:

> Rusty sez (and I forgot to call him yesterday, drat!) that MB superceeded the
> 2 different clutch MCs with just one and 2 different rods depending on which
> car you have.

I will be interested to see what parts work.
I know that the only master that I could use was the dealer - my labor
(son) was not going to waste his time if I did not purchase dealer
part - which worked.  He had already wasted 6 hours trying to fit non
dealer part.  Problem was the cylinder bleed port could not be
attained with cylinder mounted - perhaps it needed the shorter rod, I
don't recall.

And then, we did the slave.  Again, I wasn't going to waste my labor
time - my deal is I purchase dealer parts, or I do the labor.  Even
then, the dealer did not have the correct part, but the slave was
easier to get to and without any removal labor, it was determined that
the dealer part was wrong, so the car came off the lift.  A call to
Classic center arrived at proper part number and lower cost at dealer.
 The correct slave for me looks much like the '85 190D slave at Rusty
site - i.e. mount holes appear offset from center of cylinder, whereas
'78 mount holes are in line with center of cylinder.  My car is '84
euro 240D with clutch.
mao