Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 14:02:47 -0800
From: David Bruckmann <bruckma...@transcontinental.ca>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] California Version - 1985 300TD

The
 TDM lists specific models with this "won't shift down" behaviour. Some
123/124/201 models behave differently than others, and as you say the
shift gate pattern is no particular indicator. Specifically, the 1984/85
 190E 2.3 and 190D 2.2 are listed in the TDM, but it presumably boils
down to a specific build date that may or may not coincide with the
model year. IIRC there are also a couple of 124 models listed, but I
don't have the TDM with me and so cannot look them up right now.

Curt: what is the build date on your 190D, and is it a 2.2?