From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 9:54:05 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] (SPAM?) Re:  1987 300SDL Driveshaft

> Had the drive shaft removed, checked out and balanced at a specialty shop in
> Atlanta, Ga.  It was out of balance slightly, and they added a weight to
> correct this.

Just how familiar are they with 2-piece MB driveshafts?
My money's still on that, especially if you are familiar
with the different feel of the roughly 3x vibration frequency
of drivelines versus anything else.  Could the driveline have
been mis-phased when it was reinstalled?  About 27 wrong ways
to line the two pieces up, one right way.  See:

http://userweb.windwireless.net/~jimc/JSLdline.html

-- Jim