Sound on house power, lighting on generators.

Amazingly enough, the old (now defunct) Market Square Area only had 1600 amp 3
phase house power.  After you subtract the house loads, there was around 400
amps left for the talent.  Woefully inadequate for the large arena shows that
started up in the late 70s.

We would bring a 300kW Cummins set on a Landoll lowboy with a 300 gallon fuel
tank.  It got parked on Market Street below the arena.  They core drilled a
hole through the floor of the arena where we ran the cables to the distribution
boxes backstage.  Show up, park the truck, find the road manager, get paid, sit
back while the electricians ran the cables (union facility) and flip the switch
for the sound check and later for the show itself.  Otherwise it was down time
wandering around backstage, eating and staying out of the way of the crew.

Did a lot of shows there, and at the Clay Courts on the IUPUI campus in the
summertime.  Not a bad deal for part time work that paid cash and gained one
access to backstage and the buffet for the crew.

Dan "are you with the band?" Man