Ouch!  But I gather the 300D did its job and protected your daughter.
Best way to establish value is to find actual sales in the area ($) you think it is worth.

Second best : It is also good to look at ads in the back of the Star for high values. And autotrader, cars.com or fleabay for what Kleb calls crack hads with high value. My insco took three fleabay ads as credible valuation that the car was worth more than $4500 worth of repairs. YMMV

Daughter rear ended a truck with the 84 300D. I anticipate the insurance will total it and come in with a low ball offer. It has 300,000 mile on it and is in very good condition, new paint, suspension, rear end, half shafts, various parts and pieces. What is the best way to establish value? Thanks in advance,
Mike

Michael E. Esh