No more resource forks in Snow Leopard, stupidly.  Nice for lazy Unix geeks, I
suppose, but discarding one of the best parts of the Apple file system isn't
smart as far as I'm concerned.  It has been a few years since 1965.....

No, OS X isn't free, but neither is any fully developed system.  The freeware
community (Linux) is only "free" because you don't have to pay money for it.
Takes a lot of time and energy to learn it all.

Peter