Rolf,

If a 606 head gasket will work on a 603, will a 616 head and head gasket work on a 621 block? I have never had both a 621 and 616 gasket on hand at the same time to compare passages, but it seems to me that a 616 head with pencil type plugs could be used on early 616 blocks, 615 and 621 blocks. I suppose the bores are different.

Fast glow plugs on a 190Dc or 200D would be a hoot. Boring a 200D out to 2.4 or 2.5L and adding a 5 speed with 5th over would be nice too.