On 21/06/2011 2:08 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Randy Bennell wrote:
My 22 year old mechanic son has a desire to build a hot rod type classic car. He works for a shop that does that sort of thing and that has fanned the flame, so to speak.

If you can find a solid finnie, W108, etc that was destined for scrap or parting out, why not use it?

As I said, sort of, I might want to do that but he won't.

He has little or no interest in my 300D. He thinks it should be lowered and have big wheels etc.

I am not sure a finnie would be much safer than old Chevies etc either.

Randy