On 7/19/2011 9:04 AM, Peter Frederick wrote:

These are as bad as the W140s, which is NOT a recommendation for ownership --
most people dumped them at the end of the lease or the extended warrenty.

Don is in tall cotton if his new BMW is as unreliable as my 140 has been. Which is to say, if it is as reliable as my old 123 was.

A good 140 is at least as reliable as a good 300D from a "starts every time and never fails to proceed" daily driver standpoint and is infinitely better from an "I don't have to fix the door locks with a golf tee and the climate control system simply WORKS without ever having to even change the temperature setting with the seasons" component reliability standpoint.

206,000 miles, original evaporator, original "sealed" transmission, original ball joints(!) have zero play. All cars should be so good.

Tom