Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> writes:

> Just bolt a new damper/pulley on the 116 engine and run it.  You may
> need to replace the locating pins if they are lost out of the
> crankshaft.  They are available as replacement parts.
>
> It is a LOT less work than an engine swap.

Yeah, looking at it again today and contemplating the heat and humidity
we have right now I think easier is better at this point.

My challenge is going to be getting the stub of the broken bolt out of
the crankshaft.  I guess I will try drilling it out with a left-hand
drill bit as I don't want to break off an extractor in there.  I thought
I'd drill a guide hole in the broken bolt, thread that in a few turns,
and use that to keep the bit centered as I drill my pilot hole into the
stub.  Is that bolt particularly hardened?

Allan
--
1983 300D