you could make biogas and, with some fiddling, use  it like propane in a gas
engine. Biogas is very widespread on a small  scale in India and China.

  Human feces has been used in China as a fertilizer for 4,000 years.
Composting is better becuase it can kill pathogens if hot enough (and  compost
done right can get quite hot).

  Also, plenty of places sell "composting toilets" so you don't need a bucket.
:-)

  And if you want crap -> diesel...mix it with the turkey guts in Carthage.

  Chris

Rich Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  If you put it in a tank you could
probably brew some kind of something
that would run your diesel.

--R

Curt Raymond wrote:

>Might as well establish myself as a full fledged nutter.
>On  my farm we've got a little camp. The camp has an outhouse which is
>nearing unusable because the hole is about full. This summer I did an
>experiment in "humanure". Basically you do your business in a bucket  that has
>a layer of sawdust in it. When you've made your deposit you  cover with more
>sawdust. The sawdust magically makes it not smell (for  real). Once the bucket
>is full you put the contents in your compost  pile. 3 years later its totally
>composted and free of any potentially  dangerous pathogens that might have
>been in your gut (as opposed to any  potentially dangerous pathogens naturally
>present in the soil).
>  As I say we've only made one experiement, my wife and I used the bucket  for
> about 3 days. We're working on planting trees so I figure the  compost could
> be put to good use...
>
>  -Curt
>
>  Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:30:04 -0800
>From: redghost
>Subject: Re: [MBZ] Green Fuels Would Damage Environment, Critics
> Charge
>To: Mercedes mailing list
>
>got to do  something with all the feces too.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 209K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"