Yes, it makes mine crawl, too, when I too often read such in newspapers and hear TV "personalities" misuse them. BTW, I think I had 'em straight long before post-doc - by about eighth grade.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "andrew strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The ex-SnookMobile is now in Los Alamos

Wilton,

That's a test for the post-doc grammar nerds.
Andrew (whose skin crawls whenever a yoga teacher tells the class to "lay
down" on the mat.)
On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

Donald, you did, indeed, use effect and affect correctly, and I commend
you. Wanta go for lie/lay or sit/set?   ;<)))

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim C" <bb...@crone.us>