Dave M. wrote:
I'll second that request. My engine is one of the rare few that
require the dam gasket, and they are no longer available for purchase
anywhere that I know of (but they do come with all new vacuum pumps -
go figure.) I'm fresh out of spares, so if anyone has extras (after
Tan gets one), I'm also in the market. ;-)

For those of you scratching your head, here's a photo to clear things up:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_misc/vac_pump_gaskets.jpg

Very few US delivered OM602/603 engines required them but most (maybe all) US delivered OM601 engines (used in '84-'85 190Ds) require the dam gasket.

Hard to imagine that it's not sold any more. What are you supposed to do when you want to pull the vacuum pump to remove the injection pump, retime the timing chain or inspect the vacuum pump?

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi