Go for the TD! What year is it? I would think that it would still outrun Gump with the manny and NA engine.

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon

-----Original Message----- From: redghost
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 2:13 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] GUMP is DEAD

I have actively given up on Gump.  The laundry list of needs on this
car really are excessive. I love her, but she is the equivalent of the
aged grandma who you can continue pouring cash into the healthcare
system and you only prolong her death.

I have to let go and just remember the sweet times we had.  Also found
a nice euro TD with manual trans that fits my present needs better.
Gump was wonderfully idiosyncratic, but she really needed a full body
off restoration to continue living for the long term.  Doing nickel
and dime upgrades was not doing her the justice she deserved.

The newer car is more cash, but SWMBA sees only the logic of newer
being less wrong than money  pit.  Newer money pit, but I can get her
buy off on the TD than putting that cash into Gump.  She only sees
Gump as always needing something and not of value for being old.  I
will remind her of her outlook when she reaches that advanced age
where she is wearing out and needs things done.  I will then point out
that she has ceased to have value and I should be getting a newer
model.  One without the sags and wrinkles.  Able to produce vigorously.

clay

1972 220D - Gump - She is green, simple and runs and runs
1995 E300D - Cleo - Used by the Queen of Denial
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers