On Aug 31, 2011 10:09 PM, "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> Hendrik & Fay <heni...@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> > Any experience with Bosch dishwashers? Some people say that the
> > quality of the Bosch washers is going downhill as they try to cut
> > costs by manufacturing low end machines in Turkey.

Quality is probably luck of the draw if you are shopping low end of any
brand.  {Possibly also high end, for that matter.)  By way of personal
experience I once bought a broken Bosch washer, it was easy to work on.
However it wasn't supposed to be broken, thus I returned it after proving
what was wrong would cost money to fix.

We have a Fisher Paykel DD602 we bought known broken and I nursed back to
health; that machine is great to work on because you can leave one drawer
inop and the other one still works!  It is showing its age but was cheap
($100 pickup only on Ebay), it seems like they should be more common on your
side of the world...

If you don't want a used dishwasher then I have no ideas, I've only bought
one new - cheapest of the cheap - and it was loud and annoying.  Then I sold
the house.

Best,
Tim
Alternatively, why don't you just ask your butler to do the dishes?