Alex wrote:
> Sounds like it is getting too crowded already!  Didn't Thoreau say
> that when he could see the smoke from his neighbor's chimney in the
> distance, he knew it was time to move?

Yep.
The natives made it here without land titles.
And, lived off the land quite fine.
We lived east of Colorado Springs and there were a very few very
memorable dark dark nights - put your hand in front of your face and
it could not be seen.  You could hear the guy 5 miles away shut his
car door, but the terrain was not quite that flat for that.  Listened
to the war games from Ft. Carson on the coldest nights of the winter.
I understand that NORAD is now deep underground at Schriever AFB which
was 10 miles west of us - we were 35 miles east from the Springs - I
toured inside when it was Falcon Station.  Wonderful place, best water
on the planet, open, real liberty - the kids have never given me peace
about moving to IL.
mao