Reminds me that I need to shim mine while I have the intake manifold off.

Max

Alex Chamberlain <apchamberl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:56 AM, Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having driven old Diesels before ADA/ALDA, I really like what the ALDA does,
> and it never even occurred to me to take it off and throw it away.

As far as I can tell from the discussions in various Forums That Shall
Not Be Named about deleting the ALDA, a lot of people have just never
tried to adjust it properly. When I took the "tamperproof" cap off
mine and started experimenting with the screw underneath, I was
surprised that a turn of a degree or so could make the difference
between too much fuel and not enough. People just don't want to take
the time to learn how things work and set them up right. Look at the
M-B wagon owners who remove the SLS, or the people who buy a new
transmission without first fiixing their vacuum leaks and setting up
the modulator and kickdown adjustments by the book.

Alex