> Curt Raymond wrote:

> You may remember some time ago when I replaced the clutch MC
> in my '78 240D and the pedal feel got real high and short. So
> yesterday I converted a new-type clutch rod to an old type by
> grinding the beanie off the end. Tonight I installed it and it
> made no difference...

So my grinding off the ball on the end you hoped to make it
longer?  *smiles*

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but my recollection is your problem is
from a short rod - right?  Because a long rod would prevent
bleeding.

Maybe you could hire out extending the rod.  I know I wouldn't
try it with my welding skill and tools!  And I don't have a lathe.

Hmmm.  I don't think the outside diameter is critical - maybe a
tube to extend it. An inside diameter to match the outside
diameter of the rod, cut the rod, use the tube to span the gap.

--  Philip