My first  thought, too.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Perplexing puzzlement

Or, jealous of all the attention bestowed on your truck.
--
Max, Charleston SC

Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

So I go out to start the SD, starts right up. Runs for like 15 second then quits. I crank it again, it just spins and no firing. New filters recently (was running fine), I took the clear one off, it had fuel spurting through the line and the filter is clean. I pumped the primer

several times, it has fuel in the tank, it cranks, but won't fire. Checked the glow plug fuse, it is fairly recent and looks all nice and shiny and new (and it fired off that first time just fine).

I'm thinking some sort of fuel delivery problem, but where? Must be downstream of the filters.

I just thought, maybe better go check the air intake, make sure no squirrel is in there. But if that ain't it, what?

--R