The drive cables wear out the socket in the gears. As the cables flex and the
seat moves, the drive moves out of the socket in the gear, and it either spins
or the drive "skips" a portion of a turn.

This is a common issue for both 124 and 126 chassis power seats. By taking the
slack out of the cable you can force the drive farther in to the gear and buy
some time before total failure.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone