> > Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Using a real hammer drill (like Bosch BullDog) making a 1/4
> > inch (7mm) hole is easy, even in old hard concrete.

> Craig wrote:
>
> I had to go to the local rental yard to rent a rotary hammer
> (the difference in the actual terminology is significant).

The Bosch Bulldog is actually a rotary hammer.  Pretty much
anything that uses SDS or similar bit attachment is the real
deal.  I have seen the term "hammer drill" used for both the
wimpy, homeowner "drill with an added hammer function" and the
pro "like a jack hammer, but it turns" devices.  It is the
latter that I was referencing. *smiles*   The difference is like
Craig described.  It can almost feel like the you forgot to plug
in the little guy!

--   Philip