I have some personal parts that are just a tad over 52 years old that I can only fondly remember when they got that hard. Guess that is OT!

-----Original Message----- From: Dieselhead
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:34 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Power Drivers

They work really good in newish concrete.  In older concrete, they
take an extra powerful charge, or don't go in as far, but still hold
well.  I suspect what you have driven in will hold just fine.  I even
used one to drive the nails into a steel I beam.  Although the nails
did not penetrate the steel, they held well.  In essence, the nails
welded into the steel.

To continue our kitchen remodel, I was able to borrow a Remington Power
Driver from a neighbor and then went to our local lumber yard to get
supplies. I got #4 power charges and 2.5" nails, which are supposed to be
use to fasten 2x4s to hard concrete. I was told that the nails would be
sunk into the boards.

My problem, however, is that the nails are not sunk into the boards. They
are not even flush with the top surface of the boards. The one that went
into the concrete the most compressed the orange plastic piece that
centers the end of the nail in the bore of the gun to about half its
original length. The one that went into the concrete the least did not
compress the orange plastic piece at all.

Is this the way it's supposed to work. (Our concrete, at 52 years old,
is apparently extra hard.)

Craig