On 14/11/2011 11:12 AM, andrew strasfogel wrote:
A lost cause means owning a declining asset.  I don't expect to retire from
the proceeds of disposing of my W123 wagons, but then again I believe they
will probably hold their own in value due to their great practicality and
comparative scarcity.

Are you able to adequately insure them?
One of my concerns is that any sort of fairly minimal accident will write off my truck even if it is not my fault. And yes, we can buy them back and have them repaired etc but that is not always a winning situation either.

Randy