there are a variety of factors.

1) cetane rating
2) mix of bioDiesel
3) is it #1 or #2 or blended? (depends on region, here in the PNW all we see is
#2)

#1 used in the winter is a weaker mix, less cetane but lower pour point to
avoid gelling.
#2 will have more power but gels in the 34 degree neighborhood.

(hint to those travelling from warm to cold climates... if you expect cold
weather, that is
in the low 30's to teens even, add ONE GALLON of regular unleaded to about 20
gallons of Diesel,
this will prevent gelling - you can also use a mix of Kerosene and Diesel, say
50-50 or so, YMMV,
but Kerosene is really spendy stuff...  You can also use an additive to prevent
gelling, but
I have never had problems putting a gallon of that really bad smelling stuff
called gasoline... ;)

unlike octane ratings I know of no requirement to post the provided Cetane
rating...

adding gasoline to Diesel results in thinning, but also a more rapid burn, so
be careful not
to add too much or you'll melt pistons...  don't lug it when using gas as a
thinner...

there is often a note on the brand names that say "up to 5%" bioDiesel".

bioDiesel lowers mileage and energy... typically... unless it's made from the
really good stuff...
which isn't usually the case.

the Ultra low sulfur fuel can be a concern for lubricity... I think that's why
they are mixing
in some bioDiesel, from what I've read BioDiesel has greater lubricity than
regular Diesel.

California got their chops busted when they pulled sulfur from the fuel and
wiped out a bunch
of big rig's pumps...

selfish plug:  amsoil sells some fine fuel additives and conditioners, one of
the products
is called cetane boost, the link in my sig file will get you to the info, sales
pitch and an opportunity
to purchase and provide a tired old webmaster some lunch money... ;)

    -----
                    -o|||||o-  fahrvergnugen y'all
  Snohomish, Washington - where Jeeps and VWs don't rust, they mold
    http://AMSOIL.com/redirect.cgi?zo=283461        TRSTGZS
  http://JohnMeister.com  HTTP://WAGONEERS.COM  http://fotomeister.us