Wherever I could, I tried to make sure drains were open, poked with clothes hanger, etc., after treatment. Obviously, not sure if I got all of 'em.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rust

On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:27 AM, "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca> wrote:

I think that the after market rustproofing is better than it once was.
I don't know as though the tar like stuff they spray on the bottom of
the car is any better as it tends to fall off and need to be repaired
but I think that the waxy stuff they spray into the doors and body
cavities is maybe better than it once was.

The waxy stuff is good.  That's what the VW had from the factory, on a
really hot day it would ooze out around some of the trim pieces.

The trouble with the black tar/ziebart treatment is I think it sealed up
the drains in the doors and other enclosed areas that they sprayed it
into, thereby trapping moisture and actually accelerating rust.

Allan