I think that the after market rustproofing is better than it once was. I don't know as though the tar like stuff they spray on the bottom of the car is any better as it tends to fall off and need to be repaired but I think that the waxy stuff they spray into the doors and body cavities is maybe better than it once was.

My wife's 07 Honda Accord appeared to have seam sealer etc that would have been applied while it was being built but lacked the solid black rubbery undercoating that the local new Honda's had at the time. That is why we had it sprayed by one of the local franchise outfits. They also drilled holes and sprayed the other stuff in the cavities. We have to take it back every 2nd year for touchups but are not charged for the inspection and repair. I had my truck done too but it was not new enough to qualify for the long term warranty so I can take it in to be touched up but they will make me pay to have the repairs done and will not warranty it against rust.

My truck is an 02 F150 Supercrew. It is just now showing a spot on the bottom of the driver's side rocker panel that will need to be dealt with. The rest is good so far.

Randy