Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:22:32 -0600
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] mixing diesel and gasoline

The old tale about never have gasoline around Diesel was true for
American Diesels built before 1975 or so.  They did not not explode,
but they would blow the head bolts loose, and if you ever hears a vw
with loose heads in the 70s, multiply that by the ratio of the
displacement difference (1600CC vs___) and you can imagine the racket
made people say it was a violent explosion.

Our MBs, as Clay pointed out, are stronger, and can be successfully
run on up to 25% petrol/Benzin/gasoline successfully.  (iron heads
only)

The guy who used to do IP and nozzle work for me had seen many
Diesels with the heads loosened by gasoline, and he would not allow a
drop of gasoline near his shop.  Not even to clean parts.