Bio-diesel is excellent fuel, burns very clean, less smoke, less knock. Poisonous to bacteria, in general, and they cannot metabolize it much, so they won't grow in the tank.

Used vegetable oil, on the other hand, is not so nice. Contains lots of phosphates, hence makes ash, tends to gum things up and to make excessive varnish and grunge in the IP, tends to burn poorly and carbon up the rings, and bacteria love to eat it in the tank. That means, of course, "algae" clogging tank screens, line, filters, and fuel senders along with crap in the injectors. Bad mojo.

Peter