As a pragmatist, when someone says we should eliminate man-made earth
and air pollution because it causes global warming I ask them "how.....".

How do we persuade the power companies that have built, or are building,
something like 30 "dirty" coal-fired power plants in the U.S. over the past
several years to tear down those plants or install expensive scrubbers?
How do we persuade the Chinese to do the same?
How do we persuade worldwide industry to spend trillions of dollars in the
prevention of their pollution?
How do we persuade the commercial transportation industry and auto industry
to switch to non-polluting sources of energy?
....and on and on.

Obviously no one has conclusive proof one way or the other about global
warming and its causes, so the first thing to do is to determine how its
elimination can be accomplished if that is proven to become necessary.

Otherwise the discussion is moot.

Gerry.....who has solved his own pollution problems with charcoal and HEPA
filters

Date: 12/06/11