Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:37:26 -0500
From: Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oh Wilton

Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> writes:

> College is becoming more the minimum, though a lot of the
> matriculating students are barely high-school (or even 8th grade)
> capable to participate in that kind of "knowledge"-based study.

Not only that, but with everyone (or at least a lot more than in the
past) going to college, the supply of people entering the workforce with
at least some college is higher, thus lowering the value of having that
education, while at the same time said education costs more than ever
and many students are leaving college with significant debt.  What's the
position of the Occupy movement on the "greed" of "Big Ed" I wonder.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD