IIRC, which I might not, the tranny mounting ring and flywheel are the only
differences between the standard and automatic OM615 engines. I helped my
father replace the OM615 stndard engine with bad blow-by and hard to start
with an engine from an auto 220D, and that's all that I can remember
needing to be swapped. So I wouldn't see any reason to try to match the
OM615 engine to the tranny.

--
OK Don
2001 ML320