On the 92 300E I recently acquired, I had an issue with the wiper that I wanted
to run by the collective list wisdom:

While changing lanes I inadvertently turned the wiper switch on the turn signal
stalk.  The wiper came on, but when I turned the switch back to "Off" it would
not park or shut off.

I found that if I "caught" the wiper at or near the park position with the
switch between settings, it would stop.

The next time I stopped the car and shut it off, then restarted it with the
switch in the "Off" position, the wiper stayed off.

I suspect an issue with the stalk switch, or possibly the contacts in the wiper
motor that tell the motor when the arm is in the parked position.  I haven't
had a chance to consult the service manual, but will be later today.

Any direction or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan