Thanks again to Curt and Dan!!

LarryT

On 1/25/2012 1:52 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
Bad solenoid.

The "disk" in the solenoid that connects the battery cable to the starter is
welded to the internal contacts, I would venture.

This happening without the solenoid retracting the plunger and causing the
pinion to engage the ring gear.

Replace the solenoid, or better yet, replace the whole starter with a Bosch
rebuild from Rusty.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone