How new are the iMac?  They do support extended and mirroring, but at that
price, I would be looking at the 2009 as oldest to be of that value.  You can
source a nice MacPro that is much more upgradable for the same price off of
eBay.  I jacked up mine to 32 gig ram and 1 gig Vram to support three monitors.
 Running four 1 gig drives, one set as RAID, internally and external RAID for
time machine.

clay