Ok, I stand corrected, 0v it is.

One must hold their mouth right to place the meter where it holds itself while
turning the key to start.

Also:
*snip*
You sure about that? Meter pins between engine block
and battery "-" terminal, should be 0V.
*snip*

I'm not so sure anymore... This reading is also 0v.

Now am I on my way to a dead starter?

On Jan 30, 2012 9:13 AM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> So the small lower terminal should NOT have voltage when the key is in

> the start position and this tells the solenoid to trigger the starter?

The key is from _where_ you measure the voltage!  The instructions

were quite specific: between the battery + (plus, positive, etc.)

terminal and the trigger terminal on the solenoid, WHILE CRANKING!

That is not the 'normal' voltage type of measurement.

If that measurement isn't 0 you can't be getting full engagement current

to the solenoid, and maybe it won't engage the gears.

-- Jim