On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Rich Thomas
<richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:
> I kinda like Apple stuff, but I have a rather cynical view of technology
> now.  Apple does seem to focus more on the "user experience" but some stuff
> is still bass ackards to my mind.  Unlike the winders stuff Apple folk seem
> to actually think something about how a user might want to do things, not
> how the developer thinks it should be done.

Every now and then I see commentary on Windows Phone and Windows 8;
just today I saw an article about changes to how Windows Explorer will
work in 8.  I have to say, I was impressed that MS was taking user
feedback to heart, and making good and innovative workflow changes.
Anyway it seems like a very positive change for the company - if they
can claw back market share.

My wife used OSX (10.4 and 10.5) every day for almost three years, but
when I switched her to Ubuntu (with the new interface that all the
geeks hate :) she decided it was better within the week.  Admittedly I
was able to show her some stuff, and of course I've had to help with
application issues for file reading and whatnot, but it was mostly a
stock install.

Meanwhile, I'm back to Windows 7 and have been happy enough with it,
though I do think it's gotten harder to do some things (wireless for
example) without a whole lot of benefit.  It is much faster and better
at optimizing for hardware, though, which is a nice change.

Best,
-Tim