I discovered that you can download a "free" copy of AutoCAD if you register as a student at a university. I did that using my daughter's info, but it seemed a rather bogus process that relied on little or nothing other than picking the institution off a list. You can find the download site somewhere, google autocad student or some such. I think Inventor was a choice there too.

--R