Tesla and Toyota are colaborating on a Rav4 EV which I actually got to see and ride in as well since my brother-in-llaw works for Toyota. Electric vehicles would suit our family driving habits very well. It wouldn't tow the boat or travel trailer, so we would have to have a fuel burner in the fleet for that, the '07 Dodge Diesel. I have a feeling that the price is going to scare me off, and the people hauler Crypsler Around Town &Country MV is nearly paid off with only 33Kmi on it. Having no payment would be nice!

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon

-----Original Message----- From: Tim C
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:37 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tesla Model X unveiling tonight

On Feb 9, 2012 8:15 PM, "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

Hendrik & Fay <heni...@ozemail.com.au> writes:
> What is the plan? Drive 300miles and then charge it up for a few hours
> and go again?
> I am thinking this is aimed at the upmarket commuter people?

Yeah they really only make sense for people with a lot of discretionary
cash who can afford to have a car they only drive locally.

I rarely drive the 300D outside a 50-mile radius, and don't think I've ever
broken 100 miles in 24 hours.  I don't really drive the SDL outside the
area much more than that, and I could certainly avoid it entirely.

Meanwhile I wouldn't mind the travel expense reduction and increased
maintenance intervals.  I would mind having another car payment though so I
think I'll just have to survive in diesel-motivated luxury instead. :)

Best,
-Tim
doesn't do that much work on the diesels, though it's not because they
don't want it...