You PASSED it?!  'Didn't know they were "passable."   ;<)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tesla Model X unveiling tonight

On 10/02/2012 2:51 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
You can't compare the Tesla to other "normal" cars though, how many people road trip in a Ferrari? Thats the market Tesla competes against. It is purely a rich people's toy.

Anyway I find it amusing that the most common counter argument is "but its range is so limited" when most people admit that on a regular basis they rarely need more range...

I'd like to see electric cars put more demand on our electrical grid and finally force everybody to take a hard look at an overstressed system that needs modernization. Its failure of the grid which will force that and electric cars seem quite likely to force that failure.

-Curt

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/images/Lamborghini/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/new-york-city/lamborghini-murcielago-rental.htm&h=416&w=647&sz=76&tbnid=tJSfzMV7nPdz1M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=140&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlamborghini%2Bmurcielago%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=lamborghini+murcielago&docid=sdIspnT7evOSfM&sa=X&ei=UZ41T7WWCoHg2QW4kOmjAg&ved=0CFAQ9QEwAw&dur=192

Don't know if this will work.

If not, it is a link to this - lamborghini murcielago - in the burnt orange color.

Passed one going east near Falcon Lake Manitoba a year or two back. Odd to see things like that out on the highway. What? Just drive it out to the cottage with your fishing gear in the trunk??

Randy