Thanks for all of the discussion on this 190E 2.3 intake hose question! I'm leaning toward passing on this repair. She may be better off paying a shop to do the job (1) since they know the car (IE what to disassemble, replace or leave in place), and (2) they have to fix whatever they botch. The situation would be different if I'd worked on a 190E before or if it was my own car. It will be nice wrenching on the 240D when it comes home. Gotta love the old 61X engines, klatta klatta klatta!!

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon, kein MB Diesel, but not for long!