I got my hands a bit dirtier with the 240D today. I pulled out the rear bench seat to find very little mess underneath. The cloth backing on the seat upholstery is still intact, something I haven't seen on any of my W123's to date! Is it any co-inky-dink that this is the only one without a sunroof? HMMM! Other than the driver's seat, the MB-Tex and seat springs are in AWESOME shape. Also, the vacuum locks work!! The rear passenger door lock rod can't be moved by hand, and doesn't move with the other 3 locks.

Under the hood, things are pretty good. While it was running, I walked around and listened. I had noticed a rattle when we first drove the car, and it was still there. I determined that it was coming from the right side of the engine, so I hit the stop lever and began feeling around. It turned out to be a loose bolt that holds the air filter bracket to the intake manifold. I removed the three bolts holding the air filter housing to get access to the offending bolt. Now that everything is put back as it should be, it sounds great! It seems to be idling too low. I've never adjusted the idle on any of my cars before. What tools are needed, and where is the adjustment located on the IP?

TIA,

Kevin in Hillsboro, Oregon
1977 240D 315Kmi, Liesel