To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 1:37 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Arctic-Q...?

A few years ago, my dad's cousin and her husband drove the Dalton Highway to Deadhorse, Alaska...some 4,000+ miles from Kansas City in a camper. You can drive within 3 miles of the Arctic Ocean and from there a bus takes you to the Ocean...Prudhoe Bay to be exact. Usually about freezing even in the summer. The Dalton Highway is mostly gravel, hard on cars (particularly windshields and headlights), etc. Tons of articles on line and picture galleries.

 A sample: http://gorp.away.com/gorp/activity/byway/ak_dalton.htm

Anyone interested in an "Arctic-Q"? Not really able to do this any time soon - maybe this coming summer...or the following summer...but I have been thinking about it and thought I would throw it out for thoughts, reactions, ideas, etc. Could be very interesting as a multi-car caravan...we could carry lots of tools and spare parts between several vehicles in addition to all the other stuff - spare tires, food, water, clothes for the arctic blasts that can come at any time, etc.

 Chris

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-2005 Blue Point Siamese, "Rose"
-1987 300TD, 150K, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 210K, "Wulf"
-1976 240D, ?K, "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen)
-1972 Jacobsen 21" Turbo Vent
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, Snowcaster, "One Banger"