Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com> writes:

> You can use M1 or Amsoil for Diesel engines rated CF in any aluminum
> head  (OM60x) MB Diesel with extended change interval.  You can use M1
> CF rated in iron head (OM61x, OM621, OM636) MB Diesels with good
> results with normal change intervals.  Some extended interval might be
> possible, but you need to use oil analysis to determine soot levels to
> arrive at change intervals.  THe OM60x engines don't get as much soot
> in the oil as the iron head engines do.  ULSD fuels in theory should
> produce less soot in the iron head Diesels too.
>
> The arguments come in whether the CI rated M1 oils still contain high
> enough levels  of some components to adequately protect older Diesels.

And where do you get CF rated M1 these days, or even CI?  It's all CJ
rated that I've seen, since that's what the new diesels want, even the
conventional diesel oils e.g. Delo are now produced with a CJ rating,
the CI blends are very hard to find because the stores pretty much just
stock what new cars call for.

Allan
--
1983 300D