Just had the same problem on an 82 300 TD when I replaced the filter.
Removed and super cleaned the surfaces and the washer to be sure I had not
"created the problem" with foreign material, found none, re-torqued and
still leaked.

Removed the aluminum washer and annealed it, then a quench it in cold
water.  The anneal worked, upon torque the washer seal gave no leak.

To anneal the washer, I did this:

1. Made a washer holder from stainless safety wire, .032, which held the
washer flat like a frying pan with minimum contact from the safety wire
[it's not brain surgery after all.. so be inventive]
2. Placed the washer /safety wire [with a handle of wire about 8 inches
long] over a gas stove burner and heated the washer while turning it to
heat both sides of the flats until the .032 stainless wire just started to
show some redness from heat.
3. Quenched the washer under the kitchen faucet [cold tap]. You should get
a nice "PSsssssshhhhhhhhh}
4. Washer is now Annealed. install it like a new one.

Grant...