> Scott Ritchey wrote:

> Since I joined the old Diesel list years ago, I've used M-1
> exclusively in all my motors.  But lately, the Diesel-rated
> versions of M-1 have been scarce.  So I'm thinking about going
> back to Rotrella.  Shame on you Mobil (or is it Walmart?).

Marshall seemed to sort of understand this stuff.  He referred
to conversations he had with oil tribologists (sp?) and such.

His recommendation was M1 or any Group IV synthetic.  Or for
dino oil, Delvac1300 or Delo 400.  He did not like Rotella-T,
which matches my conclusion.  Shell has good marketing, but
evidence I encountered suggested the oil may not be so great.

--  Philip