"Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net> writes:

> Anybody flown on a De Havilland Dash 8?  Booking a flight and never
> seen this before, a little nervous, did not know any of the airlines
> were still using prop planes.

Nothing wrong with prop planes.  They are turboprops anyway, not piston
engines.

Solid commuter plane, also widely used by military/coast guard I
believe.

There was a well publicized crash a few years back of a Dash 8, cause
was icing but I think it was ultimately pilot error, voice recording
showed pilots were not really paying attention to the flight.  Not
really an issue this time of year anyway.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD