Jerry wrote:
> Does hydrogen peroxide effectively kill the germs left on my M-B steering
> wheel?

You might want to perform some control testing, i.e. see if you can
get sick from the germs on your steering wheel.  If yes, then clean
your steering wheel using hydrogen peroxide, let the steering wheel
dry, then see if you can get sick from your steering wheel again.  How
do you see if you get sick from your steering wheel? - lick it clean?

Do the same at your kitchen counter.

Haven't we been told through the years that many microbes and germs
die when exposed to air?  It would seem plausible that the excess
oxygen in hydrogen peroxide (h2o2 versus h2o for water) should provide
good air clean against germs and microbes.

Another alternative is to use lavender oil that is easy to find at the
local health food store.  It has a decent odor and lavender is in
common use in hospitals in Europe as disinfectant from what I have
been told.

For years, we have been wanting to find food grade 30% hydrogen
peroxide to ingest in small quantity to ward off disease and illness.
It is essentially unobtanium - ya gotta be a research facility with
proper chain of custody, etc.
mao