> Dieselhead wrote:

>   picked up a dell 2650 with a fresh install of fedora.
> Anybody familiar with this OS for a server?

Fedora is a distribution of Linux.  Formerly RedHat.

> I am wondering if it has something like AD group policies
> similar to M$ Server 2000/2003/2008.  If so, I can learn to
> use it.  Otherwise I can put 2003R2 on it.

Can't comment on the comparison to MSWin - I'm pretty clueless
there.  But by default it will at least have the EXT
user/group/other with read/write/execute.

> Its intended use will be data storage for a small business
> with 4 or 5 computers (XP) and same number of users.
> Fortunately none of the computers I have looked at so far are
> Wissta.

It should be a fine Samba server...

> I would like to use the GPOs to redirect the users' "My
> Documents" to the server, among other things.  (such as
> severely restricting what users can do.)

Whew!  To much MSWin-speak for me to follow.  Sorry I can't
guide you further.  But I have heard Linux with Samba is better
a serving MS shares than a MSWin server.

--     Philip