Use synthetic grease instead of white lithium -- the lithium will dry out in a few years and the synthetic won't.

Sears is going down hill fast (just like everyone else with a physical store) because most economic activity is on the internet. This is quite stupid, as I can remember when Sears and "Monkey Wards" along with JC Penny were the kings of ship to your door merchandizing. Corporate memory these days seems to be a few seconds, if they'd just thought a bit, all they needed to do was add a computer interface (to the information system they already had) and Amazon would never have gotten into the merchandizing business.

Sad.

The other problem is that all the merchandizers are run by accountants, and they think minimum wage is pretty pricey for customer service. Once the commission system is gone, there is no incentive for the sales people to know anything, so they don't. In the old days, the guys at the tool section in Sears earned a commission on sales, and repeat business meant money in your pocket. You don't get repeat business when you give bad advice, or sell crappy tools.

The quality of their stuff went down the toilet when Snap-On moved their factory to China from the town up the road here. Snap-on prices went through the roof, I would assume because they had to replace a huge amount of defective merchandise from the low grade manufacturing. Sears bought Snap-On without the polish, that's why their tools were so good, but now it's all Indian or Chinese (or Vietnamese or Indonesian) stuff, which is usually crap.

I'll check out Harbor Freight, I really need a 1/2" drive set since my brother re-possessed the set he "gave" me a few years ago. I know some of their stuff is junk, but at least some of their power equipment is the same stuff as the big guys (band saws, lathes, etc) since there is only one outfit doing the castings and machining. Trim level is lower, it's more likely they need some finishing work (alignment of wheels on the bandsaws, for instance) and they don't come with all the bells and whistles, but a 14" bandsaw is a 14" bandsaw these days, and the Taiwanese do a great job with the castings and machining. Throw the supplied blade away -- this is also true of every bandsaw on the marked. Why does everyone package a junk blade with an $800 saw? A decent one only costs maybe $10.

Peter