And the expensive ball joint press i rented was already sprung. It was no better than the HF. The trick with the HF (or anyone else's) press is to put tension on the joint, then smack it with a 2 to 4 lb hammer. THe old joint will come out without ruining the press if you use care. Going in is a cinch.

I have the hf ball joint press, pressed many sets in and out with it with no problem

Sent from my iPhone